Roasted Chickpea Snacks
Serving Size: ½ cup
Yields: 3.5 servings if using 1 can vs 7 servings if using 2 cans
First Line Therapy Servings: 1 legume
Recipe Reposted and Modified From: http://www.theleangreenbean.com
- 1-2 cans chickpeas (low-sodium or no-salt-added)
- Oil for misting
- Spices (example: paprika, cayenne pepper, cumin, or garlic powder)
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels. Pour the chickpeas on top and use more paper towels to dry them off as well as possible.
- Remove the paper towels.
- Mist the chickpeas with oil, sprinkle with spices and shake pan gently until all the chickpeas are well coated.
- Place pan in a cold oven.
- Set oven to 425 degrees F and let roast for 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and leave pan in the oven for at least an hour.
- Remove and let cool completely before transferring to a storage container.
Noted: Elimination Diet Approved