Roasted Beets with Salmon and Broccoli
Serving Size: ~1 salmon fillet, ½ cup cooked beets, and 1 cup cooked broccoli
Yields: Approximately 2 servings
First Line Therapy Servings: 3-4 ounces protein, 2 non-starchy vegetables, 1 starchy vegetable, 2 fat (add 1 more fat if garnish with 1/8 avocado)
Recipe Reposted and Modified From: https://cowcrumbs.com
2 wild salmon fillets
1 head of broccoli
1 avocado (optional)
1-2 tsp grapeseed oil
1 tablespoon coconut oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash your beets and cut off the stem. Drizzle them with ~1 tsp of grapeseed oil (total), and wrap them in some tin foil, placed on a baking sheet, and stick them in the oven for approximately 45 to 60 minutes.
- After the hour, squeeze the tin foil covered beets to see if the beets are soft. Once they are ready rinse them under some cool water and the skin should come off.
- Next, grab a medium sized frying pan and heat about 1 tablespoon of coconut oil on medium heat. Once the pan is fairly hot you will add your fish.
- Place the salmon in the pan skin side down and add a squeeze of fresh lemon and pepper if desired.
- Cover the fish and cook about 3 minutes. After three minutes flip the fish and cook for another 2 minutes then turn off the stove and let the fish rest for another minute or two in the pan keeping the fish covered.
- While you’re cooking your salmon you’ll want to get your broccoli steaming at the same time. You can either steam the broccoli on the stove or by using a microwave safe steam bag.
- After the salmon and broccoli are finished cooking, place one salmon fillet on each plate (serves 2), 1 cups of broccoli, ½ cup of beets, and garnish as desired (salt, pepper, lemon, ¼ avocado).